15 – 20 yrs
- main area of work would involve drafting of legal documents for extending loans (Corporate & SME both)
- Bringing in standardization in documentation work, overseeing the litigation and recovery function
- Guiding the team to ensure complete ownership of legal function of the company.
- Providing opinion/inputs to the Credit Underwriting Team / Management on the acceptability of the documents or deficiencies/ risks in the documents
- Providing opinion to the Credit Underwriting Team / Management on the mortgage ability of the land / property in question and the nature of mortgage to be created to secure the proposed lending
- Coordinating with various clients for collection of legal documents from them (Title documents, Plan approvals, Government approvals, SRA documents, Joint Development Agreements, Tenant Settlement Agreements, Lease Agreements, Search Reports etc.) required to be studied to get an understanding on the legality / sufficiency of approvals for the project (s) under consideration by Money Matters for lending opportunities.
- Verification/Scrutiny/Vetting of documents related mainly to Real Estate Projects
- Drafting / Modification of various loan agreements / undertakings to secure various lending transactions
- Providing list of documents required to create valid mortgage /security
- Effecting security / mortgage creation / charge creation and execution of various loan documents
- Co-ordination with client for registration / satisfaction of charges
- Drafting/Vetting/Reviewing various business agreements/MoUs with domestic and international entities and other agreements such as M&A related, Shareholders
- agreements (SHAs), Share Purchase Agreements etc.
- Must have done similar transactions including negotiations with other party legal counsel.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- To be well versed with Law of Contracts, Commercial Laws and Corporate Laws
- Good understanding of various government laws / rules / guidelines related to real estate industry like FSI guidelines, Slum Rehabilitation Scheme, Parking Scheme, Redevelopment Scheme, etc
- Experience of drafting of loan agreements, Escrow agreements, mortgage, security creation documents etc.
- Proficiency in scrutinizing, inspecting and guiding in all commercial legal matters
- Minimum 15-18 years of relevant work experience with exposure to study / drafting of agreements relating to conveyance deeds, lease agreements, tenancy settlement agreements, Joint Development agreements, plan approvals for development / construction of real estate projects
- Working experience of loan documentation with real estate companies, law firms handling loan documentation for real estate clients shall be necessary.
- Coordination skills and ability to work in a team environment are essential
- Proven ability to work under stress
- Masters degree in law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in operating MS Office
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:Financial Services , Banking , Investments , Insurance
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
Education-UG:Any Graduate – Any Specialization, LLB – Law
PG:MBA/PGDM – Any Specialization